Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We feel a little gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Now, if you know Sarah or me at all, you know we are down with the gays. (Some of my best friends are gay - isn't that what everyone says?) Anyway, lately we've been doing some around the town stuff with the girls - dinner, shopping, etcetera. We are both convinced that we look like two mommys and that any day one of the girls will begin calling us Mama J and Mama S. Neither of us is particularly girly- I've the shoulders of a linebacker and the hips of a pre-pubescent boy. Sarah throws down with a cardigan and thinks she's the lipstick. But she is TALL. Either way, shopping for a bed for Sarah together at Pier 1 MV was the coup de gras. I knew it was going downhill fast when I inquired as to the availability of bed rails and the sales gal asked, "What size is the bed you sleep in?" I felt it necessary to shout out, "Hey Sarah, what size is YOUR mattress?"

Not sure she was convinced as I traipsed across the room in my wifebeater and bermudas. I'm just sayin'. Which leads me into my next blog...My Best Friend, My Dyke Drill.

xo, J

No comments: