Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sometimes Anal is a Good Thing

Though you will all agree that being anal is sometimes a drag, tonight I have proof that anal ROCKS! Let me share my tale of woe cum bliss. Sarah and I received a long awaited package: the new entertainment center I ordered. When it arrived early Saturday morning, it came in 6 massive boxes. So much for "some assembly required". That is the epitome of litotes (look it up). So we waited for the opportunity to bust out the dyke drill and get 'er done. Monday was the night. We busted open a box, and another, and another. After successful assembly, we called it a night - I finished the remains of her third vodka-and-whatever (my 4th). This evening we tackled the final two boxes. Mind you, instruction reading is our forte (and we gave the bottle of Sky a break tonight), so we had no troubles. Until the last screw was screwed. We realized that we had missed an "up" and one shelf looked a little freaky. I was good to go, having left my anal tendencies at the pharmacy door. Unmedicated Sarah on the other hand felt it just wouldn't do. I was irritated to say the least. In her idiot savant way she devised a plan to unscrew the Ken "cam"initti bolts and just flip the inner shelves. I assumed easier said than done. She is relentless in her pursuit of perfection and said that she'd do it with no involvement from me. I agreed and moved on to pumping up my Bosu ball - I can open a gym in the garage now. Anyway, let's just say she got 'er done and I apologize for doubting the anal bliss. JC, I know you're smiling now. And so are we because it's done and done well. Now I move into my anal problems of cardboard and recycling. Off to Edco for my weekly deposit of boxes.
More later. . . xo,
J

1 comment:

brian9898 said...

Trust me, these girls know anal.